Websites of Interest
- NAMI is an organization focused on educating and stopping the stigma of mental illness in America.
- Stop it Now! A national organization committed to stop child abuse.
- San Diego Domestic Violence Council has information, resources and upcoming events for the public.
- It’s Up to Us. A website designed to empower San Diegans to talk openly about mental illness, recognize symptoms and use local resources.
- It Gets Better Project has the mission to communicate to LGBT youth that life gets better and they’re not alone.
- Bringing life to the field of Interpersonal Neurobiology, Child Psychiatrist Daniel Siegel has a website where he posts about his books, research and collaborations.
- Eating Disorder Hope: Excellent resource for education about eating disorder and recovery.
- Something Fishy: Eating disorder awareness.
- Love and Life Toolbox is a neat educational site for couples by Bay Area therapist Lisa Kift, LMFT.
- Two of Us is a clearinghouse for timely information and resources about healthy marriages.
- Excellent writer/therapist/speaker, Esther Perel, LMFT articulates typical challenges in couplehood with an astute cultural and psychological understanding.
- Love is Respect was created to empower youth to prevent and end dating abuse.
- Kids in the house is the largest video library you’ll find on parenting, pregnancy, adoption and childhood.
- Co-author of bestseller “The Whole Brain Child” and “No-Drama Discipline,” Dr. Bryson has a helpful blog for parents.
- The Orange Rhino - 365 days without yelling. A supportive website/blog for parents who want practical alternatives to yelling at their children. Take the challenge!
- UCLA Mindfulness Awareness Research Center offers free guided meditations.
- Insight Timer, a Web based, free application, offers over 2,000 guided meditations or a simple timer for your own meditation/breathing practice.
- Shambala Center: International Community of Urban Meditation and Rural Retreats. Located at 6727 Flandres Drive, Suite 102, San Diego, CA 92121
- Contemplative Outreach San Diego offers “Centering Prayer” – Modern meditation prayer practice that renews the Christian contemplative tradition. Located at 9462 Carlton Hills Road, Santee, CA 92071
- Alcoholics Anonymous is a 12 Step support group for people with a drinking problem who want to live a sober life.
- Narcotics Anonymous is a 12 step community based organization offering ongoing support for substance abusers who want to attain a drug free lifestyle.
- Al-Anon/Alateen: For those affected by substance abusers.
- The Meadows: Addiction and trauma treatment center.
- Practical Recovery: Outpatient and inpatient non-12 step recovery center in San Diego.
- Smart Recovery: A Self-management support grHaoup for addiction recovery.
- Volunteer Match: A portal that matches organizations and the causes that are meaningful to you.
- Voices for Children: CASA volunteers ensure foster children's needs are met and help them find a safe, permanent home.
- Mama's Kitchen: Preparing and delivering meals for San Diegans suffering from AIDS and cancer.
- San Diego Humane Society: Provides vital services to animals and people by sheltering and adopting animals, providing positive reinforcement training classes, investigating animal cruelty and neglect, and much more.
- Happy: A movie about the science and the pursuit of happiness. By Roko Belic.
- Eu Maior (in Portuguese): 30 pessoas diversas são entrevistadas -- filósofos, psicólogos, artistas, atletas, lideres espirituais -- e compartilham suas ideias sobre o significado da existência. Documentário.
** These resources are intended to assist clients in their healing process as an adjunct to psychotherapy. From time to time, these websites get edited and may display content that I am not familiar with, or do not condone, therefore I cannot be made responsible for their content.